Energetic renovation outdoor pool Olten, Olten
After the flood of 2007, a new solution using renewable energy had to be found for the then provisionally installed gas heating system, since today’s energy legislation prohibits the heating of outdoor swimming pools with fossil energy.
In the middle of 2008, a preliminary study for a corresponding energy-efficient renovation was drawn up. In January 2009 the final project planning and implementation was realised and the system was ready for operation again at the beginning of the 2010 bathing season.
The energetic renovation includes the following measures:
- Pool heating through a river water heat pump
- Pool cover to avoid heat loss due to evaporation
- Solar water heating for showers in the building of the cloakrooms
The total energy saving of all measures corresponds to approx. 50’000 l heating oil per season. The river water collection was also designed with up to 400 m3 /h (current withdrawal is 100 m3 /h) for a possible indoor swimming pool or other users.
Nature of the building project
Type of building
- Technical planning for the energetic renovation
- Construction management for the energetic renovation
Pool water systems